The Center for African American Research and Policy (CAARP) is conducting a search for the editorial position for the scholarly journal, the Journal of Progressive Policy & Practice. This peer-reviewed journal provides empirical data and introduces contemporary and innovative contributions to the “best practices” for service provision practitioners at all levels and from all fields (priority focus is given to urgent and current issues that affect communities of color). For more information, visit www.caarpweb.org. The three-year term begins March 1, 2013.
CAARP journal editorships are open to all willing and qualified individuals. The opportunity to serve as an editor for a CAARP journal represents a chance to influence the content of the journal and help shape the profession and practice of African American research and policy.
Editors are responsible for:
- Nominating the associate editors who will serve with them.
- Coordination of the Editorial Board (Senior Associate Editors, Associate Editors, and Reviewers).
- Content of the journal in terms of relevance, quality, and style.
- Timely evaluation of submitted and solicited manuscripts and supporting material.
- Designing and modifying the layout of the journal as necessary.
Benefits of Serving as Editor:
- Professional service that may aid in promotion and tenure decisions.
- National and international visibility among academics, administrators, and higher education scholars.
- Opportunity to lead an Editorial Board consisting of national and international scholars.
Editors are selected based on their research and scholarship. Previous editorial experience is preferred. Self-nominations or nominations from others are welcomed. Nominations must include:
- Cover Letter (2 pages maximum) specifying evidence of the nominee’s scholarship and editorial experience.
- Sample publication (first author or individual).
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- Contact information for two (2) professional references.
Materials should be sent to Rikesha L. Fry Brown, PhD, Associate Director for Publications, at email@example.com. All nominations must be received on or before February 22, 2013.